Kawaguchi Dam Natural Energy Museum
The newly opened museum at Kawaguchi Dam, (Nakagawa-cho, Nakagawa-gun, Tokushima) where you can “See! Touch! Experience!” the future. There are a lot of new exhibits you won’t see in any other neighboring prefectures. Please consider our museum for your school trip.
You can directly touch and study the exhibits of futuristic objects like digital art, robots, and so on.
We exhibit many futuristic objects like our museum’s original digital art “Oekaki Smart Town”, “Sota” which was produced and created by Professor Ishiguro who created the humanoid robot “Matsukoroid”, the 4K picture was taken by a drone in flight. Also, by touching and thinking about how hydrogen powered cars work or how the power is produced from sun light, water and wind, we’re sure that children’s imagination will be stimulated(or stirred up). You need special paper from the museum to draw on for “Oekaki Smart Town”. However, to make things quicker and easier, it’s possible that students can draw on this special paper with crayons or anything at school previous to their visit and bring their drawings over. Please contact us and we’ll post the paper to you! *You need special paper from the museum to draw on for “Oekaki Smart Town”. However, to make things quicker and easier, it’s possible that students can draw on this special paper with crayons or anything at school previous to their visit and bring their drawings over. Please contact us and we’ll post the paper to you!
Point 2Both parking and entrance fee are for free!
- Since the museum is located inside of a building, there is no weather worry. In addition, no charge for parking and entering the museum.
Point 3Easy transportation! Buses stop right in front of the museum!
- You can wait and get on and off the bus (tour bus) right in front of the museum. Please spend great time in the museum without worrying about transit time.
Buses should be parked at the entrance or in the designated bus parking area across from the entrance.
Point 4Useful study work sheets for elementary school students.
- We have work sheets for elementary school students, which follow the government course guidelines. There are two types of work sheets, one for the younger class students and the other for the older class students.
work sheets for elementary school students
- work sheets for elementary school students（低学年用）
- work sheets for elementary school students（高学年用）
Point 5Visit Kawaguchi Dam and Power Plant
- After visiting Kawaguchi Dam, you can also check out the water generator facilities. We’ll explain to you how the power is generated in detail.
*The staircase at the power station is steep. Please ask for assistance if there are small children, elderly, or disabled members in your group.
*Changes in power station viewing schedules may occur due to varying circumstances.
Point 6Excursion course
- We can make recommendation on courses to participate in during your visit. Please call for further information.
- Sample for elementary school
- Sample for junior high school
Parking Lot map