Smart Kairo (Smart Corridor)/ Local places of Interest
SMART Corridor is the area surrounding the Kawaguchi dam lake, which consists of Aioi Shinrin Museum of Art, Momijigawa hot spring, AiAiland, Tokushima Wajiki factory of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Farmer’s market “Washi no Sato”. We would recommend you to visit other places after our museum.
- Momjigawa Onsen (Momijigawa hot spring) Wild game meat dishes and dam curry.
100% natural mineral hot spring water!
No staying required for spa use.
- Nosanbutsu Chokubaisho Aioi (Farmer’s Market Aioi) Farmers directly sell seasonal fresh farm products and local specialty here.
Hurry and try the local specialty called “Hangoroshi” before it’s sold out!
- Aioi Furusato Koryukan (Aioi hometown community center) Aioi Furusato Koryukan is located next to Aioi Shinrin Museum of Art. Here you can see folk material of the town and Deko dolls (carved wooden dolls) for Awa Ningyo Joruri(Awa Puppet Theater) displayed.
If you contact us for a reservation previous to your visit, you can also try dying with vegetable which consists of Aioi’s specialty, Aioi Bancha tea leaf and others.
- 0884-62-1117(Aioi hometown community center)
- Aioi Shinrin Bijutsukan (Aioi Forest Museum of Art) This unique museum which is one of a kind in the whole Japan, exhibits woods. There are collections of carved wooden statues and wood prints etc. Please feel the warmth of wood.
- Ajisai Camping Site This is a caravan site which is located on the bank of Kawaguchi Dam Lake, also known as Ajisai Lake amongst the locals. Here you can enjoy BBQ and facilities like an outdoor hot spring, shower, and so on.
- Michino Eki Washino Sato (Road station Washino Sato) This place is also linked to the station for “Tairyuji ropeway (cable car)” which takes you to the 21st temple of Shikoku Reijo, Tairyuji Temple. Experience the magnificent view of the river and mountains from air.